Sesame-Free Eggplant Hummus
This delicious hummus makes use of eggplant and white beans in place of the traditional chickpeas and sesame. That means allergy-friendly for those avoiding sesame, as well as those reactive to chickpeas.
The eggplant hummus’s taste, helped along by the roasted garlic, is simply superb.
Makes: 6-8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can white beans, rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted
- ½ cup (60 mL) parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place eggplant halves onto a baking sheet, cut side up. Roast for 22-24 minutes until cooked through. Cool.
- Scoop eggplant flesh into a food processor and discard skin.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth and combined well.
- Place hummus in dipping bowl, and serve with gluten-free garlic toasts or vegetable sticks.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.