Watermelon, Tomato and Herb Salad
This watermelon salad includes summer’s fine herbs, tomatoes and avocado. It makes a most refreshing summer lunch or side. Have a diet issue with tomatoes? No problem. The recipe is easy to vary; just substitute more watermelon and cucumber.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free from: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 1/2 watermelon
- 2 cups assorted tomatoes [See Tips], chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup each, fresh basil, mint and chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Try contrasting colors and shapes of summer’s great bounty of tomatoes.
- Remove skin from watermelon and dice the flesh. Place into large bowl.
- Add other vegetables and herbs.
- In a measuring cup, stir together lime juice, oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well, and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.