Watermelon and Herb Salad
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free from: gluten and all top allergens
- 1/2 watermelon
- 2 cups assorted tomatoes*, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup each, fresh basil, mint and chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Try contrasting colors and shapes of summer’s great bounty of tomatoes.
- Remove skin from watermelon and dice the flesh. Place into large bowl, along with other vegetables and herbs.
- In a measuring cup, stir together lime juice, oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well, and serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes