Napa Cabbage Slaw
- 1 napa cabbage
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 jicama (Possible substitute: Asian pear)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (Optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- Remove outer layers of cabbage and discard. Halve and slice thinly.
- Peel jicama and mango and cut into thin strips.
- Cut cucumber and peppers into thin strips.
- For dressing, whisk together all ingredients until combined.
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.