Grapefruit, Pear and Avocado Salad
- 2 large grapefruits, halved with fruit removed. Reserve skins and extra juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ripe pear (Anjou or Bartlett), cored and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- In a large bowl, combine grapefruit segments and juice with all other ingredients. Toss together well.
- For a fun serving idea, line up the four empty grapefruit halves, and clean out remaining pith. Serve salad in the grapefruit bowls.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.