Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 3 cups (725 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 ‚ÅÑ 2 cup (125 mL) either Grand Marnier or fresh orange juice
- 2 cups (475 mL) of either: a. fresh whipping cream or b) non-dairy whipped topping*
- 1 ‚ÅÑ 2 cup (125 mL) sugar [omit for pre-sweetened non-dairy topping]
*Be sure to read the label when looking for a dairy-free whipped topping. Some so-called "non-dairy products" do contain a small amount of milk protein (casein).
- In a blender, purée 2 cups (475 mL) raspberries with either Grand Marnier or orange juice. Strain into bowl, using a fine sieve; add remaining raspberries to the purée. Combine.
- In a mixer, whip cream and sugar together to form firm peaks. Fold cream into purée.
- Spoon into serving glasses or bowls, chill at least 1 hour. (Can be made up to 6 hours ahead.)
- To serve: Garnish with fresh berries and allergy-safe shaved dark chocolate.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes