This flavorful compote is packed with antioxidants, vitamins C, A and E and magnesium.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh blueberries, washed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) crème de cassis [Optional. Substitute: water]
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Fresh mint leaves
This compote can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, crème de cassis (if using) and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce by about half.
- Reduce to a simmer, adding blueberries, lemon juice and zest.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- Serve over no-fat, plain dairy-free yogurt. Garnish with mint leaves.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes