Figs and Pears in Honey
- 2 ripe pears, cored and cut into eighths
- 6 fresh figs, halved
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 1/2 cups of water
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- Zest lemon.
- Combine zest, honey, cardamom, cinnamon, and water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce liquid by half.
- Add fruit to pan and simmer for 4-6 minutes until tender.
- Transfer fruit to serving dish.
- Continue cooking liquid until syrupy.
- Remove cinnamon stick and cardamom pod.
- Pour sauce over fruit and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.