Pastry-Free Veggie Pot Pie
Makes: 6-8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
Pot Pie Filling
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup each: carrots, parsnips, leeks and potatoes, diced to ½-inch
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or all-purpose wheat flour)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock [Look for allergen-free, g-f brands]
- 6 medium-sized Yukon potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot, heat half the olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, parsnips, leeks, potatoes and onions. Sauté for 4-6 minutes, then add mushrooms, peas and herbs.
- Continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stir in flour, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and add stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15-18 minutes. Place filling in a 9×12 baking dish or equivalent.
- Top the dish with layered potato slices, brush with reserved olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.