Chicken Braised in Apple Cider
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (skin on)
- 4 slices pancetta (or bacon), diced*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 cups (950 mL) fresh apple cider
For lower-cal, omit pancetta.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, skin side down. Cook 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
- Move chicken to a plate; set aside. Add diced pancetta to pan. Sauté for 5 mins.
- Add shallots, garlic and thyme. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add apple cider and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add seared chicken. Cover and braise 8-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter. Continue to cook sauce until reduced by half.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with maple glazed parsnips and carrots (pictured).
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes