Vanilla Baked Plums
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 12 black or red plums
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
You'll only use 3 or 4 tablespoons of vanilla sugar for this recipe, but the remaining sugar will keep indefinitely in an airtight container in your cupboard, so you'll always have some on hand.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Halve plums and remove pits. Place cut side up in baking dish.
- Split vanila bean in half and scrape the seeds from inside by running a sharp knife from one end to the other.
- Blend vanilla seeds and sugar together in a food processor.
- Lightly sprinkle plums with an even layer of vanilla sugar and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes