Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
Makes: 8-10 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
- 1½ cups (360 mL) pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs or 1‚ÅÑ3 cup (85 mL) egg replacer
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) plain soy yogurt or sour cream
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) dairy-free whipping cream (e.g Nutriwhip)
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 2 cups (475 mL) brown rice flour
- 3‚ÅÑ4 cup (180 mL) tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable shortening, diced
- 2 tbsp egg replacer or 1 egg
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) water
- Pinch of salt
- For crust, combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix together with fingers until dough forms.
- Place dough between two rice-floured sheets of wax paper. Roll pastry out to the size of your pie shell. Remove top layer of paper and turn pastry into pie shell. Press into shell firmly and trim or crimp edges.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients for filling in a large bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into desired pie crusts
- Bake 20-25 minutes until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.