Scrumptious Pumpkin Pie
Makes: 8-10 servings
Free of: gluten (when using gluten-free crust) and all top allergens
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
- 1 1/2 cups (360 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) egg replacer or 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dairy-free plain yogurt or sour cream.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dairy-free whipping cream (e.g. Nutriwhip)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Pie Crust (makes two crusts)
This version contains wheat.
- 3 cups (725 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 2 egg yolks or 2 tbsp egg replacer
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable shortening, diced.
- Pinch of salt
- Ice water
- For crust, place flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add shortening. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Continue to pulse adding 1 tablespoon of ice water at a time, until smooth dough forms.
- Remove dough. Divide in half and form each half into a disk. Wrap disks in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Once chilled, roll dough out to 1 ‚ÅÑ 4-inch thickness and lay into pie plate, trim edges.
For gluten-free recipe, click here.
- For filling, pre-heat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into desired pie crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.