Gluten-Free Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Makes: 12-16 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1½ cups (360 mL) brown sugar
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) allergy-safe vegetable shortening
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil (Look for allergen-free brand)
- 3 tsp Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 4 tbsp of water or 2 eggs
- 1½ cups (360 mL) rice flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups (475 mL) rolled oats (Use pure certified gluten-free rolled oats)
- 2 cups (475 mL) raisins
Will keep in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the first four ingredients. Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda, stirring until smooth. Mix in oats and raisins until just combined.
- Spoon large tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes