Carrot Salad with Shallots and Mint
- 4-6 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins
- 2 tbsp shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- Combine grated carrots, raisins, shallots, mint and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Add dressing to carrot mixture, toss and serve at room temperature.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.