Watercress and Pea Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch of watercress, washed and trimmed
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh or frozen peas
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) vegetable stock [Look for allergen-free, g-f brands]
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint
- 1 tsp each, salt and pepper
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add watercress and peas, cook a further 4 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to food processor, add mint, blend until smooth. Return soup to pot and heat gently. Add salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls. Serve immediately.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes