Nut-free, Dairy-free Pesto Sauce
Most pesto sauce contains pine nuts and Parmesan. But our pesto is nut-free, dairy-free, so none of that to worry about. In fact, it’s free of all top recognized allergens.
This versatile sauce requires only 4 ingredients, and tastes every bit as good as the traditional pesto sauces. Have fun experimenting, and using it in different pasta dishes or as a topping with vegetables of your choice. Photo: Getty
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Many more pasta recipes here.
Potato Salad with Nut-free, Dairy-free Pesto Dressing
Ingredients for Pesto
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, washed
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed
- ½ cup Vegan parmesan cheese alternative
- 1 cup (250 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Allergy-Friendly Pesto
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss pesto over your cooked linguine or gluten-free rice noodles.
- Or try it with other pasta dishes. Buon appetito!
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.