Nut-free, Dairy-free Pesto Sauce
Most pesto has pine nuts and Parmesan, but ours is Top 8-free. So there’s no nuts or dairy to worry about. This versatile sauce requires only 4 ingredients. And it tastes every bit as good as the traditional pesto recipes. Photo: Getty
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, washed
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed
- ½ cup Vegan parmesan cheese alternative
- 1 cup (250 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss pesto over cooked linguine or gluten-free rice noodles and enjoy.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.