Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) black olives, pitted, halved
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) capers, rinsed
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) anchovies, diced [optional]
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
Pair allergy-friendly sauce and one of the better brands of gluten-free noodles. The taste? Fantastico!
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens, except optional fish
Photography by Chris Gonzaga
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté 5-8 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cook until just warmed through and fragrant.
- Toss sauce with cooked spaghetti and serve
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.