Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) + 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) + 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- salt and black pepper
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed and halved
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) finely diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped, loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 ripe, firm avocados, diced
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, cumin and chili powder. Whisk in lime juice. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify. Add pinch of salt and dash of pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Liberally brush corn with olive oil and lightly season all sides with salt and pepper. Grill with lid closed 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes, until slightly charred on all sides.
- Transfer corn to cutting board. Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut off kernels. Place kernels in a large bowl and stir in onion, bell pepper and dressing. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro and avocado and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes