Arugula, Avocado and Jicama Salad with Citrus Salsa
Makes: 6-8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 6 cups (1.4 L) baby arugula, washed
- 1 jicama (or Mexican turnip), peeled and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 oranges, segmented, chopped
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) red onion, diced
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Place arugula and jicama in salad bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together remaining ingredients. Spoon over arugula mix and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.