Gluten-Free Garlic and Herb Dinner Rolls
Finally, a fluffy gluten-free dinner roll! These are ideal for sopping up gravy during a big meal, such as our Pepper-Crusted Beef Tenderloin. Photo: Andrew Grinton
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Check out the rest of Allergic Living’s Ultimate Allergy-Friendly Festive Feast here.
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose gluten-free flour blend, divided
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast (see Tip)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sparkling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp dairy-free, soy-free buttery spread, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
To ensure your yeast is still active, add a little to a small bowl of warm water. After 5 minutes, tiny bubbles should form. To preserve the freshness of yeast, store open packages in the freezer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour blend, yeast and salt. Pour in sparkling water while stirring mixture with a fork until a rough dough forms. Knead dough with a spatula, while sprinkling in remaining 2 tablespoons flour, until it looks like a smooth ball. It will be sticky.
- Swirl 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Transfer dough to the oiled bowl with a spatula. Turn to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free spot. Let rest for 6 hours. The dough will triple in size.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Swirl remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a 9-inch non-stick round baking pan. With floured hands, divide and shape dough into 6 balls. Place in prepared pan leaving 1 inch of space between each roll.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted buttery spread, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Brush buttery mixture on dough balls. Bake for 40 minutes, or until puffed and lightly golden.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes