Easy Drop Cookies – No Nuts, Dairy, Egg or Gluten
A go-to, quick cookie that’s open to interpretation, in terms of ingredients and texture. See related article: Simplifying Your Gluten-Free Pantry!
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Makes: 10 cookies
- 1 cup (136 grams / 4.8 oz) sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g / 1 oz) millet flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g / 1 oz) tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free, soy-free buttery spread such as Earth Balance
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups dried fruit, or chocolate chips, or seeds, as desired.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put wet ingredients in a stand mixer or large bowl. Using the stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Beat until dough sticks together and is well-combined. Stir in add-ins. For softer, thicker cookies, refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup-size spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes for softer cookies or 12-14 minutes for firmer cookies, until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature and any extra cookies in the freezer.
- 50 Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- Allergy-Friendly Holiday Recipes
- Allergy-Friendly Recipes
- Celiac, Gluten-free
- Christmas, Hanukkah
- For Kids
- Holiday Desserts
- Other Legumes
- Tree Nuts
- Weekend Recipes
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes