Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding with Raspberry Infusion
This seriously fudgy allergy-friendly chocolate pudding takes only minutes to whip up. It features a double dose of chocolate and raspberries.
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 1/2 cups (350 mL) unsweetened plain coconut milk* beverage (can decrease to 1 1/3 cups for thicker pudding)
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup ( 200 mL) fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 tbsp non-GMO cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) dairy-free dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
*A Note on Coconut Coconut is technically a fruit. While most allergists do not consider it a tree nut, if you are nut allergic, ask your doctor if coconut is safe for you.
- Place the coconut milk beverage, 1/3 cup raspberries, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, whisk in the honey or agave, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Bubble, while whisking, for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature, spoon into an airtight container, cover and chill. It will firm up further as it cools
- Spoon the chilled pudding into four serving dishes and top with remaining 1/2 cup fresh raspberries.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes