Light and Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
The type of potatoes makes a big difference in the consistency. I prefer Russet for best results.
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 3 lbs (1.5 kg) Russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plain dairy-free milk alternative (such as rice)
- 6 tbsp dairy-free, soy-free margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 1/2 -inch cubes. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and cook in a slow boil 15-20 minutes, until fork tender. Drain
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Mash a little. Add milk alternative, margarine and salt. Use a potato masher or electric mixer to combine. If using a mixer, stop when soft and still fluffy; don’t over mix.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.