Free-From Zucchini Thai Noodle Salad
Feel free to twirl, swirl and slurp our Zucchini Thai Noodle Salad, since it’s allergy-friendly. This all-vegetable concoction skips on the guilt for second helpings. Your kids will love the noodle salad, which is great for dinner or school or work lunch.
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped Thai basil
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp non-GMO canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted, hulled sunflower seeds
If you don't have a spiralizer, use a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons out of your vegetables.
Make this recipe right before serving; the zucchini will release liquid if it is left to sit.
- Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini into long noodles and place in a large bowl.
- Add carrot sticks, red pepper slices and green onions to zucchini and gently combine.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk basil together with ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, lime juice and honey. Slowly stream in oil while continuously whisking, and stir in salt and pepper.
- Toss zucchini mixture with dressing. Top with sunflower seeds and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.