Braised Red Cabbage
- 1 red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 6 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar (Substitution: rice vinegar)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (Optional)
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, sautée bacon over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage and all other ingredients.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook for one hour, or until cabbage is soft.
- Serve at once.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes