Top 8-Free Chocolate Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
Easter is just around the corner, and these Chocolate Cookie Dough Easter Eggs are the perfect holiday treat to fill your baskets.
These bite-sized, chocolate-covered treats combine a light and fluffy, cookie dough filling, that’s chilled then dipped in silky smooth chocolate. They’re easy to make, fun to eat, made with only seven ingredients and are gluten & allergy-friendly, which means everyone can enjoy them.
Whip them up for Easter – or whenever you’re in the mood for that magical chocolate + cookie dough combination!
Makes: 18-24 filled chocolate eggs
Free of: 8 top allergens and gluten
See our other allergy-friendly Easter recipes here.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (see Recipe Tips)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (or 1/2 cup cane sugar + 1/4 cup coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour of choice (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz bag allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- 1 tsp neutral oil (optional, see Recipe Tips)
- 4-6 tbsp water
- Candy egg mold (see Recipe Tips)
- Optional lollipop sticks (see Recipe Tips)
Dairy-free butter options: Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan, Country Crock Avocado Oil or Olive Oil stick varieties all work.
Adding 1 teaspoon of oil to the chocolate chips prior to melting is optional, but helps to add shine and may make it easier to spread chocolate.
Candy molds used have 10 egg cavities per mold and each egg mold holds about 2 tablespoons of filling.
This recipe also works without using lollipop sticks. Simply use candy mold of choice.
- Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a small bowl and stir to make smooth. Pour up to 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each egg mold and push up the sides with a spoon to coat the entire mold. (Amount of chocolate will vary based on the size of the mold.) Place molds in freezer.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar(s) with a hand blender. Stir in flour, salt, vanilla and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring in between until the dough is soft enough to scoop (lie cookie dough).
- Remove hardened chocolate molds from freezer and add a small scoop of dough on top, pressing into the sides (but leave room on the top for more chocolate). Add your lollipop stick now, if using.
- Melt another 1/4 cup of chocolate chips then pour onto the cookie dough layer to create the base of your candy.
- Freeze up to 10 minutes, then pop out of molds and refrigerate until ready to share.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.