Sparkly Chocolate Truffles
Free of: all top allergens; gluten-free/wheat-free option
- ‚Öì cup ripe bananas
- ‚Öì cup honey
- 2½ tsp vanilla
- ¬æ cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- ¬æ cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- 2 cups allergy-friendly chocolate chips or chunks for melting
- 3-4 tsp sprinkles (look for allergy-friendly brands)
Make sure to check packaging of ingredients for cross-contamination.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together bananas, honey, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Slowly mix in flour. Mix just until combined. Dough should be of a cookie dough consistency.
- Fold in allergy-friendly chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips/chunks in the microwave, 15-30 seconds at a time, until melted.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and dip each ball into the melted chocolate with a spoon, fork, or cake pop stick, cover it all! Tap off excess chocolate.
- Place the truffle back onto the parchment paper and top with colored sparkling sugar crystals.
- Place the truffles into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate is solid.
Now you can eat your truffles and dance like a cupcake!
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes