Sparkly Free-From Chocolate Truffles
Alannah Williams, the youthful entrepreneur behind Dance like a Cupcake created these delightful and sparkly chocolate truffles for Allergic Living readers. Alannah’s baking inspiration is her younger brother, who has multiple food allergies. Learn more about her inspirational story here and have fun making her sparkly truffles below.
Free of: all top allergens; gluten-free/wheat-free option
- 1/3 cup ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2½ tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- 2 cups allergy-friendly chocolate chips or chunks for melting
- 3-4 tsp sprinkles (look for allergy-friendly brands)
Make sure to check packaging of ingredients for cross-contamination.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together bananas, honey, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Slowly mix in flour. Mix just until combined. Dough should be of a cookie dough consistency.
- Fold in allergy-friendly chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips/chunks in the microwave, 15-30 seconds at a time, until melted.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and dip each ball into the melted chocolate with a spoon, fork, or cake pop stick, cover it all! Tap off excess chocolate.
- Place the truffle back onto the parchment paper and top with colored sparkling sugar crystals.
- Place the truffles into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate is solid.
Now you can eat your truffles and dance like a cupcake!
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.