Crunchy Summer Salad
This salad of fresh, crunchy summer vegetables doesn’t take much more than a little peeling and seeding to prepare. And when you add a little vinaigrette and some fresh herbs, the taste is sublime. Did mom mention your veggies are good for you? Healthy never tasted better.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 3 peppers (any color), seeded, diced
- 2 medium zucchini (green or yellow), diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar snaps, blanched and cooled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pinch salt
- Place all vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.