Chicken Skewers with Lime-Ginger Dip
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) dairy-free yogurt (plain yogurt is fine if not dairy-free)
- 2 tbsp candied ginger, finely diced
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
You will need 8-10 metal or wooden skewers for this recipe. Soak wooden skewers for 2-4 hours before using.
- Combine chicken and all other ingredients in a large bowl. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Pre-heat barbecue on high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto skewers.
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- For dip, gently stir ingredients together and place into a decorative bowl.
- Transfer skewers to serving platter, serve with dip and enjoy.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.