Lemon and Thyme Roasted Chicken
Roasting up a whole chicken is so much easier than people think. That’s especially the case with Chef Simon’s easy and allergy-friendly method. A little fresh lemon and thyme, and you’ll be set to start cooking.
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 1 whole chicken, kosher and organic
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Instructions for Roast Chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken, then place in the pan.
- Season chicken’s cavity with salt and pepper. Then add lemon quarters and thyme to cavity.
- Rub skin with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken 40-45 minutes, until it is cooked through and the juices run clear.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.