Spring Vegetables and Pancetta with Quinoa Penne
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chis Gonzaga
- 1 package quinoa penne pasta, freshly cooked
- 1 2-inch thick slice of pancetta, diced*
- 1 cup each sugar snaps, snow peas, broccoli florets
- 1 each, red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
For vegetarian, omit pancetta and substitute 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil to replace drippings
- In a large sauté pan, cook pancetta until golden brown. Use slotted spoon to remove to a plate. Keep drippings in pan.
- Meanwhile in a large pot of salted water, blanch sugar snaps, snow peas and broccoli individually. Remove each to colander and drain.
- Sauté diced peppers in drippings over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Add blanched vegetables, herbs and cooked pancetta and pasta. Toss well, warm through and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.