Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
Though this recipe contains just four ingredients, the creamy texture and bright berry flavor prove that simplicity is bliss.
Makes: approximately 1 quart
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 pound (16 oz) strawberries
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk*
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
*A Note on Coconut Coconut is technically a fruit. While most allergists do not consider it a tree nut, if you are nut allergic, ask your doctor if coconut is safe for you.
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Place strawberries, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Set blender jar in the refrigerator and let chill for 1-2 hours.
- Churn the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Pack the soft ice cream in a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours for hard-packed ice cream.
See also: Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes