Fresh Corn Succotash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups (475 mL) sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 4-6 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 cups (725 mL) fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh lima beans (or other fresh beans)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Pairs nicely as a side to the Grilled Chicken with BBQ Sauce.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook 2-4 minutes.
- Add onion, cook another 2 minutes. Add garlic, then rest of ingredients.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 16-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, add basil and toss to combine. Serve warm.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.