Blender Girl’s Basil Melon Mania
- 4 cups (680g) chopped and chilled ripe honeydew melon
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1‚ÅÑ2 small avocado, pitted and peeled
- 10 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- Pinch of natural salt
- 1 1‚ÅÑ2 cups (190g) ice cubes
- 1‚ÅÑ2 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
This delicious digestive is also an arthritis ace. The honeydew’s water-to-potassium ratio and the basil’s vitamin K lowers blood pressure, aid muscle and nerve function, and calm the body. The basil eases cramps and bloating, adds anti-inflammatory power, inhibits bacterial growth, and reduces radiation damage.
Makes: 2 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Reprinted with permission from The Blender Girl Smoothies, by Tess Masters, copyright ¬© 2014, 2015, published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
- Throw all of the ingredients (except the ice cubes) into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blast for 10 to 20 seconds more, until well combined.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.