Dairy-Free Veggie & Bean Dip Jars
Light and refreshing, our bean dip jars with veggies makes a great summer snack. The Top 9-free dip is simply delicious, with tangy notes of tarragon and lemon. By using individual dip jars (we used mini-mason jars), they’re portable and very kid-friendly.
The kids we know love the independence of wandering about with their own jar. And with children with allergies among a group, you can also use colored containers (glass or otherwise), so that kids know: that’s my jar!
Adults love this dip, too. In fact, if they want any, they’d better grab a jar before the young veggie snackers polish it off. The dip jars make the perfect accompaniment to the fresh crunch of bright vegetables. Experiment by trying your favorite summer produce with the dip. Photo: Andrew Grinton
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 19 oz can (540 g) cannellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 6 oz jar (170 g) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp tarragon
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 6 mini cucumbers, quartered
- 1 radish bunch, removed from stem and quartered
- 1 bunch small carrots, stems removed
- Thoroughly clean and dry the insides of 4-6 glass jars (1-cup size). Set aside.
- Place cannellini beans in food processor with artichokes, green onion, lemon juice, oil and salt and process until smooth.
- Add tarragon and parsley, and pulse until finely copped and evenly dispersed through dip.
- Evenly divide dip among jars. Fill jars with cucumber spears, carrots and radish wedges.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.