Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) chicken wings
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) allergy-safe vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) summer blossom honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl, stir together cumin, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder, cayenne and oil.
- Add chicken wings to bowl and coat with spice rub. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pre-heat barbecue on medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and lemon zest together. Set aside.
- Lightly oil the grill. Cook wings on grill for about 12-14 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
- Brush honey lemon glaze over wings until coated. Continue to cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with cut carrots and celery.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.