Chicken Breast Sandwich with Sage Purée and Caramelized Apple
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) fresh sage leaves
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) parsley
- 3‚ÅÑ4 cup (180 mL) + 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
Use breads of your choice; for those avoiding gluten, we recommend any of Glutino’s products.
Makes: 4-5 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a food processor combine sage, parsley, 3‚ÅÑ 4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Remove to a small bowl.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat, add apple slices and sauté until golden brown, remove and allow to cool.
- Spread sage purée on your chosen bread. Fill sandwich with sliced chicken and apple.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.