Red Quinoa with Roasted Butternut Squash
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- 4 cups (950 mL) chicken stock
- 2 cups (475 mL) red quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Dice squash. In a bowl, combine with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast 18-20 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
- In a medium pan, bring stock to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 12-15 minutes until stock is absorbed. Fluff, remove to a bowl.
- Add roasted squash to the bowl, along with parsley, oil and vinegar. Toss to combine, and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.