Super Citrus Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh orange juice
- Zest of: 1 navel orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp each, salt and pepper
This recipe is packed with Vitamin C, nutrients and fibre.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice, all zest and spices. Stir well.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Pre-heat grill on medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry gently, trying not to remove too much spice.
- On a well-oiled grill, barbecue chicken, turning often. Cook 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes