Allergy-Friendly Raspberry Peach Crisp
This easy gluten-free Raspberry Peach Crisp makes wonderful use of summer’s juicy peaches. The peaches come together perfectly with sweet-tart raspberries for a crumble that simply bursts with flavor. Top with a scoop of vanilla allergy-friendly ice cream, and everyone’s tastebuds will be delighted.
Makes: 8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 6 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (350 mL) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Sarah’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) solid coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Sarah’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 4 cups (950 mL) brown rice flour
- 2 cups (475 mL) sorghum flour (or white rice flour)
- 2 cups (475 mL) potato starch
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) cornstarch (or additional tapioca starch)
- 5 tsp xanthan gum
*A Note on Coconut Coconut is technically a fruit. While most allergists do not consider it a tree nut, if you are nut allergic, ask your doctor if coconut is safe for you.
- For gluten-free flour blend, thoroughly whisk all ingredients in a large bowl until evenly distributed. Store blend in a airtight container. For long-term storage, keep in the refrigerator or freezer.
- To make crumble, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place peach slices in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar, starch and lemon juice. Toss to coat peaches. Gently stir in raspberries. Pour fruit mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour blend, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and salt. Add oil and maple syrup and cut in with a pastry blender or fork until ingredients are well-distributed. Sprinkle oat crumble over fruit.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes