Glazed Sugar Cookies: Drizzling Option
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp canned unsweetened coconut milk (or other diary-free) milk beverage
- Gluten-free natural food coloring (I used India Tree)
Shown below is a light and delicious glaze created for my Glazed Sugar Cookies, developed for Allergic Living. The simple glaze can also add a punch of sweet flavor and color to many of your other favorite baked goodies, too, from bars to cookies to sweet loaves.
Below, I show you how to drizzle, rather than ice cookies, using the glaze. To view this in real-time, don’t miss Drizzle, The Movie, at the bottom of this post.
Drizzle, The Movie
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and coconut milk in a small bowl and stir or whisk until smooth.
- Add food coloring of your choice.
- For drizzling over cooled cookies on a cooling rack, fill a tablespoon with enough glaze that it drips freely. Then, in a continuous motion, drizzle from one side of the cookie to the other, creating nice lines of glaze.
- If you prefer the option of a smooth glaze rather than drizzle, simply coat the cooled cookies with spoonfuls of glaze. Allow the excess to drip over the edges.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.