Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) butter or butter alternative at at room temperature [we used Earth Balance]
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 3‚ÅÑ4 cup (180 mL) sweet rice flour
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) assorted dried fruit, finely diced [optional]
Stores up to one week in an airtight container.
Makes: 10-12 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a large bowl, stir together butter (or alternative), cornstarch and sugar. Add sweet rice flour and fruit and combine well.
- Form dough into a log. Roll tightly in plastic wrap, folding in edges. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take dough from freezer and unwrap plastic. Slice log into 1‚ÅÑ4-inch rounds. Place rounds onto cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes