Gluten-Free Cranberry and Banana Loaf
Makes: 10-12 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1¼ cup (295 mL) rice flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1‚ÅÑ2 tsp cinnamon
- 1‚ÅÑ4 cup (60 mL) allergy-safe vegetable oil or canola
- 1‚ÅÑ2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 4 tbsp egg replacer (e.g. Ener-G) or 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to cream together oil and sugar. Stir in pre-mixed egg replacer or eggs, bananas and cranberries.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix and combine. Pour into loaf pan and bake about 40 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out onto cooling rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes