Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Take juicy, red strawberries and add dollops of your favorite sensuous, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. The result is tantalizing chocolate strawberries, one of the most palate-pleasing aphrodisiacs in the world.
So go on: surprise your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion. Your significant other will love this classic, decadent (and allergy-friendly) dessert. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create these lovely bites for two.
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp allergy-friendly semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Coconut is technically a fruit. While most allergists do not consider it a tree nut, if you are nut allergic, ask your doctor if coconut is safe for you.
- Put 2 tablespoons allergy-friendly semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips in a small bowl and heat in microwave on High.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter and 1 teaspoon coconut oil and microwave on High for 15 seconds. Whisk until smooth.
- Hold strawberry by the stem and dip in chocolate mixture. Place on parchment paper in freezer to firm up.
- Repeat with more strawberries, thick banana slices or fully dunk raspberries or blueberries.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes