Living at university can seem daunting for special-diet students. But the good news is that – from searchable online menus to free-from zones – colleges are starting to get with the allergy-friendly program.
1. Allergic Living’s Charts:
To offer a head start on the accommodations information, see U.S. Colleges Directory: Comparing Food Allergy & GF Policies.
For Canadian university students, see Comparing Universities Chart – Canada
2. Allergy & College Checklists, Articles of Interest:
- Off to College, with Food Allergies and Celiac Disease – Find out how life is becoming much better for food-allergic students in this in-depth Allergic Living special report.
- Know Your Food Allergy Rights at College
- College To-Do Checklist: From online dining guides to dorm room policies.
- Lesley University Decision: A Pivotal Victory for Allergy and Celiac Accommodations at College
- Dating and Allergies 101: How to broach the allergy topic, right from Date No. 1.
- Starting College – Wisdom from an Allergy Mom: Writer Nicole Smith on the learning curve in finding a safe college experience.
3. Other Top Food Allergy College Resources:
- FARE’s Resources for College and University Students
- Beyond Celiac’s Gluten-Free College Toolkit.