Twice-Baked Potatoes with Horseradish and Chives
- 6-8 small baking potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dairy-free margarine (e.g. Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared horseradish – plain, not creamy style (check ingredients label for allergens)
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
These potatoes are downright delectable. Apparently Twice-Baked Potatoes are twice as nice.
Of course, chives and a good allergy-friendly horseradish do help to make the magic happen.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly. Using a sharp knife, slice off the tops or lids of each potato. Set lids aside.
- Scoop out the flesh from each potato, and put it in a mixing bowl. Using a fork combine with remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into potato skins and put lids on top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.