Avocado & Cucumber Soup
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups (600 mL) chicken stock [Look for allergen-free brand]
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Guaranteed to wow: a robust, sensational soup that happens to be good for you.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- Add all ingredients, except olive oil, to a large bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Spoon into a blender in batches; pulse each batch until smooth.
- Chill soup for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Serve soup in chilled soup bowls. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.