Roasted Chicken Salad
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 bunch blanched asparagus tips*
- 2 cups blanched sugar snaps*
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped radishes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh herb vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
*In this instance, blanching means the complete cooking of the asparagus and sugar snaps. To do so, add the vegetables to boiling water and cook until just tender. Remove to a bowl of iced water (this stops the cooking and retains the vibrant colors). Once cooled, drain and continue with recipe.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook chicken breasts in roasting pan for 15 to 18 minutes until juices run clear. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Blanche asparagus tips and sugar snaps (*see Technique below).
- In a bowl, soak apricots and raisins in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and air cool.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, sugar snaps, celery, carrots, tomatoes, radishes.
- Halve cooled apricots, then add apricots and raisins to other ingredients.
- Dice chicken and add to other ingredients.
- For vinaigrette, combine all ingredients except the olive oil.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Toss salad with Herb Vinaigrette and serve over fresh salad greens.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.