Fizzy Cherry Lemonade
This sunny sipper is elevated to party status with a little non-alcoholic bubbly. Guests can even assemble their own to taste – simply set out glasses filled with ice and lemon slices, a small pitcher of the fruit syrup and bottles of sparkling water.
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen, pitted tart dark cherries
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sparkling water
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Add water, sugar and cherries to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 3-5 minutes, occasionally stirring and using the back of a wooden spoon to mash cherries.
- Remove cherry mixture from heat and stir in lemon juice. Pour through a find mesh strainer into a small glass pitcher. Discard solids. Cover and refrigerate syrup until ready to use.
- For each serving, pour 6 tablespoons chilled cherry-lemon syrup and 1 cup (250 mL) sparkling water over a tall glass of ice. Garnish with lemon slices.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes