Farfalle with Tomatoes and Herb Salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño chili, seeded and diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb (454 g) tri-coloured gluten-free farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
Makes: 6-8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss in herbs, jalapeño and tomatoes. Set aside so flavors blend.
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta well, toss with tomato mixture, transfer to bowl and serve.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.